I like colors and I cannot lie.

I. Love. Colors.

Like, every color.

Colors to me are one of the things worth living for.

Of course being a furry means I get to draw unrealistically colorful animals, but did you know that an unrealistically colorful animal actually exists on Earth? 
Meet the Indian Giant Squirrel:

Photos of super-colorful Indian squirrels dazzle the Internet | WBFF

Literally the stuff of any animal lover's dream: a giant rainbow squirrel. It looks like it jumped straight out of a furry's imagination? Could it be a hoax?
Nope, this is the real stuff. Indian Giant Squirrels actually live in the rainforests in India. Which isn't too surprising, considering lots of colorful stuff come from rainforests.

Speaking of colorful things coming from rainforests:
File:Red eyed tree frog edit3.jpg
Red eyed tree frog.

File:Wilson's Bird of Paradise Best.jpg
Wilson's bird of paradise.

File:Keel-billed toucan (Ramphastos sulfuratus) in Alajuela Province.jpg
Keel-billed toucan.
Lots of colorful things come from the rainforests, but sadly, so do lots of deadly things, so I won't be going there anytime soon.

There are colorful birds that don't come from rain forests! I own a couple of parakeets, and they are precious little gems of color. One of them is a normal green parakeet, but she's a pretty emerald green, and the other is a lutino parakeet. The lutino parakeet has little speckles of blue on her belly and speckles of green above her tail, and I consider her a painting.
Aside from pet birds there is a colorful bird that lives in the African savanna, near the Arabian peninsula:
File:Lilac Breasted Roller Face.jpg

The lilac-breasted roller. When I first saw this bird I thought that it must come from the rain forest, but it doesn't. Apparently, since both parakeets and lilac-breasted  rollers come from some form of arid habitats, dry land can support colorful birds as well as rain forests.

That's wrapping up this talk of color for now.

Thanks for reading my blog. If you like it, don't hesitate to subscribe. 

-Toffee Raven

References:



Comments